Online Pdf HAIMA 7 Service Manual(MT)-N Steering system
Engine speed sensitive power steering
1. Check the oil level of power steering (Refer to Check of Power Steering OIL; Check of Liquid Level)
2. Jack up by use of a jack the front end of vehicle and hold it with the safety bracket.
3. Turn back and forth several times the steering wheel to the maximum with the engine flamed out.
4. Recheck the oil level of power steering. If the level decreases, add the power steering oil.
5. Repeat the steps 3 and 4 until the level stabilized at the defined value.
6. Lay down the vehicle.
7. Start the engine and run it idle.
8. Turn back and forth several times the steering wheel to the maximum.
9. Confirm that neither the power steering oil foams, nor the level decreases.
10. When necessary, add the power steering oil and repeat the steps 8 and 9.
Check of power steering fluid
Check of liquid level
1.Check the power steering fluid liquid level.
-If necessary, add the power steering fluid to the
Type of power steering fluid
Power steering oil- ATF M-Ⅲ or Dexron
Check the leakage of power steering fluid Caution:
-If keeping the steering wheel on the max.
steering position for more than 5s, the temperature of power steering fluid may rise very high and have adverse effect on the power steering pump.
1. Start the engine and runs it idle.
2. Turn back and forth several times the steering wheel to the maximum, enabling the power steering fluid to reach everywhere.
-Leakage may occur at the positions indicated by the arrow in Fig.