Online Pdf Ford Escape 2008 Owner's Manual
Ford’s Commitment to You
At Ford Motor Company, excellence is the continuous commitment to achieve the best result possible. It is dedication to learning what you want, determination to develop the right concept, and execution of that concept with care, precision, and attention to detail. In short, excellence means being the standard by which others are judged.
Our Guiding Principles
- Quality comes first. For your satisfaction, the quality of our products and services must be our number one priority.
- You are the focus of everything we do. Our work must be done with you in mind, providing better products and services than our competition.
- Continuous improvement is essential to our success. We must strive for excellence in everything we do: in our products — in their safety and value — and in our services, our human relations, our competitiveness, and our profitability.
- Employee involvement is our way of life.We are a team. We must treat one another with trust and respect.
- Dealers and suppliers are our partners. We must maintain mutually beneficial relationships with dealers, suppliers, and our other business associates.
Finding Information in This Guide
After you have read this guide once, you will probably return to it when you have a specific question or need additional information. To help you find specific information quickly, you can use the Quick Index, Table of Contents, or the Index.
Ford Owner's Manuals. The Quick Index at the end of the book provides a page number following each item which indicates where detailed information can be found.
Ford Fault Codes. To use the Index, turn to the back of the book and search in the alphabetical listing for the word that best describes the information you need. If the word you chose is not listed, think of other related words and look them up. We have designed the Index so that you can find information under a technical term.
Ford Workshop manuals. You may purchase Ford ESP from any participating Ford Motor Company dealer. There are several Ford ESP plans available in various time-and-mileage combinations. Each plan can be tailored to fit your own driving needs, including reimbursement benefits for towing and rental. (In Hawaii, rules vary. See your dealer for details.)
Ford Wiring Diagrams. When you purchase Ford ESP, you receive peace-of-mind protection throughout the United States and Canada, provided by a network of more than 5,100 participating Ford Motor Company dealers
Ford Service Manuals. The instrument panel (dashboard) on your vehicle is divided into several different sections. The illustrations on the following pages show the major parts of the instrument panel that are described in this chapter. Some items shown may not be on all vehicles.
In your vehicle, the warning lights and gauges are grouped together on the instrument panel. We call this grouping a cluster. Your vehicle has a mechanical cluster.